£23.17 - 23.17 per hour
Title: Commodity Buyer (Maternity Cover) - 37150
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Rate: up to £23.17 LTD rate (which equals c£18 ph PAYE)
The individual will be entering an established Team, one that has a range of Buyers with experience within the business from 40 years to graduates. The individual should be eager to learn and confident to continually ask questions both internally, and of the supplier base, to ensure swift uptake of the role and commodity set. The team, and the wider cross functional operations are very consultative and friendly, with the intention of ensure the correct sourcing decision for both the company & supplier.
1) Client Cost Negotiation Relationship
2) Partnership Building
3) Cost Reduction
- Previous Buying experience
- Previous Project Management experience
- Previous experience handline multiple commodity parts
- Previous experience in working in a fast paced environment (not long lead time procurement)
- Previous experience in negotiating cost reductions with supply base
- Previous experience with urgent resourcing opportunities
- Previous experience working cross functionally within workplace
- Previous experience of new business/product/vehicle launch
- Previous experience of working with markets outside the UK i.e., China, Europe
- CIPS (but not essential).
- Previous automotive experience (but not essential) - will consider all industries if individual is correct fit
- Aspiration to further career within organisation
- Flexibility to ensure prioritisation of daily tasks
- Flexibility to take on additional daily tasks vs initial planned daily workload - In order to service business requirements on demand
To apply for this position please send your CV to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.