Commodity Business Engineer
Up to £22.50 p/h Ltd
Commodity business engineers work within teams that own the delivery of strategic business plans for every purchased commodity within their CoC.
In addition they are involved in
- supporting significant cost reduction work streams
- Facilitate the commercial Gap Closure Process facilitating use of cost knowledge data to drive improved supplier performance
- Manage the power train material cost reduction tracker & prepare and lead weekly idea generation meetings with senior management
- Project manage commodity teams within Purchase, Engineering and Cost Estimating functions, to help manage existing projects and generate new opportunities
- Lead and project manage cross functional teams to develop and deliver Commodity Business Plans (CBPs) and Strategic Commodity Dossiers (SCDs)
- Facilitate supplier-based workshops, benchmarking and internal consultation to generate cost and revenue opportunities
- Represent the department / their CoC within reviews focused on commodity costs
- Practical experience of project management support
- Facilitation of Design and Non-Design idea generation events and generation of specific commodity cost gap analysis
- Management of Purchasing databases to support the update of purchase performance systems
- Development of engineering solutions with the specific aim of reducing the cost of the component / assembly
- Able to develop project business cases with P.D. / Purchase / Programme / Finance and manage through to funding approval
- Practical experience of project administration
- Used to performing a high level of data analysis and interpretation
- Good business acumen and used to developing presentations to a high standard.
- General knowledge of cost reduction initiatives, tools and techniques
- A good general knowledge of vehicle / component design and / or manufacture
- Advanced Excel knowledge. Valid UK driving licence. HND or Degree "
1) Ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with colleagues and key stakeholders at Director level.
2) Experience of data manipulation, analysis and interpretation.
3) Proven project support skills, including interaction with product development and purchasing projects.
This is a 6-month contract based at Gaydon and offering an hourly rate of up to £30.53 Ltd, depending upon experience.
Interested in the above role? Please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert at Jonathan Lee Recruitment as soon as possible.