Both perm and contract rates available
about 2 months ago
Job title: Commissioning Engineer
Location: West Midlands
Permanent AND Contract Considered
Responsible to the Commissioning Manager for the delivery of commissioning Documentation.
Delivery of commissioning activities effectively and cost-efficiently and in accordance with contract
specifications, quality standards, and safety requirements to include STW, FAT and SAT activities.
Provide technical solutions to meet current and emerging business/customer requirements.
Deliver the appropriate solutions and documentation deliverables to budget and schedule.
Provide Commissioning Support to other business stakeholders through the project lifecycle
Reporting directly the Commissioning Manager, you will:-
• Creates project-commissioning strategy, reviews and ensures its implementation.
• Identifies, develops and facilitates implementation of new processes/ techniques and solution to
meet current and emerging customer and business need.
• Support to tendering, Assists in creation and presentation of proposals estimation of hours, bought
out equipment, test equipment, bespoke tools etc.
• Supports Project Managers in issuing claims for scope of work changes, cost impact, time impact,
risk quantifications etc.).
• Ensures adherence to safety standards in the area of responsibility and mitigation of potential risks.
• Interpretation of Functional and Safety Functional Requirements and acceptance criteria, in support
of the Engineering function to deliver fit for purpose solutions.
• Compilation of Test and Commissioning Quality Plan
• Preparation of the test reports regarding the system assigned to them
• Delivery in accordance with allocated budgeted cost and timescales
• Checking of test and commissioning deliverables
• Co-ordination with other engineering disciplines
• Implementation of UK and European H&S legislation and appropriate standards
• Adherence to all relevant company policies and procedures
• Liaison with Engineering design, Procurement, Manufacturing, personnel to ensure process
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- HNC Qualified (or Equivalent)
- Extensive Engineering Workplace Experience
- Nuclear Industry Experience preferred but not essential
- Management of commissioning teams
- Broad based experience in the Detailed operation of Mechanical and Electrical Equipment
- Conversant with British and European Technical and Legislative standards
- CSCS card
- Conscientious approach to Test and Commissioning, supported with relevant technical and detailed
- engineering background
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Always strives to provide fit for purpose solutions
- Able to motivate and co-ordinate a delivery team of Commissioning and Test Engineers
- Focuses on the customer- Works co-operatively with customers and stakeholders (internal and external) in order to meet and exceed their expectations
- Collaborates and Shares Knowledge- Seeks to create collective success through teamwork, knowledge sharing and mutual support
- Delivers Results/ Focuses on Solution - Plans what needs to be delivered and then focuses on making it happen
- Build Teams - Brings together the right people, in the right place at the right time to deliver
- business objectives
- Adapts to change - Is able to respond positively to individual or organisational change.
- Acts with Integrity and Professionalism - Demonstrates trust and integrity in their day to day working
- Holds Self & Others to Account - Sets clear performance objectives for self and others, monitoring progress and taking appropriate action to ensure delivery
- Has a Global Approach - Has a flexible approach to different situations, promoting information flow and integration with all corporate units. Works in international environments through adaption and cross-cultural management and integration.
- People Development - Empower and allow people to develop themselves within their own professional job family and within a multi-disciplinary environment. Identifying learning needs and formulating consistent development plans.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Commissioning Engineer role, please contact Shannon Harling at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446168.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.