Software and Commissioning Design Engineer
Salary: £35-£45k p/a
An experienced Software Design Engineer is required with knowledge and expertise in the design of bespoke software for machine and system controls. Candidates with experience of the automotive industry would be well received. My client has established a strong reputation in the global automotive marketplace, supplying automated and robotic assembly lines. The successful candidate will work with specialized software for equipment such as DMC scanners, laser marking systems, camera systems and robotic systems amongst others.
As a Software and Commissioning Design Engineer you will be required to:
- Liaison with mechanical design to understand the design concept.
- Liaison with project engineering to appreciate the customer requirements.
- Ability to design bespoke software for machine and system control.
- Fault finding within integrated systems during build and test.
- UK and foreign travel required.
- Solo or team based commissioning, in the UK or abroad.
- Preparation and execution of sign-off documentation.
- Liaising with project engineers and customers.
The Software and Commissioning Design Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Experience of Siemens, Group Schneider, Rockwell and other PLC systems.
- Experience of programming and interfacing to auxiliary equipment including:
- HMI's, Robots, Leak Test Panels, Nutrunning Systems (Atlas Copco), Camera Systems (Eg Cognex), Printers, Laser Markers, RFID systems, etc.
- Good understanding of mechanisms
- Knowledge of CAD packages (Eplan, AutoCAD)
- Experience of working safely in potentially hazardous environment.
- Educated to HNC or equivalent level in Electrical Engineering.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Software and Commissioning Engineering and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Software and Commissioning Design Engineer role, please contact Lee Elwell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446154 or email