£20.84 - 20.84 per hour
Title: Commercial Vehicle Program Control Buyer
The Buyer serves as an overall point of view owner for purchasing on programs and key purchasing point of contact to the Vehicle Program Team and Commodity Purchasing during development of future generation and in-cycle Commercial Vehicle programs.
- Review program assumptions to identify changes which may impact supplier investment i.e. new technologies, material changes etc.
- Understand manufacturing footprint and schedule global sourcing workshops as required.
- Provide purchasing input during early program gateways to aid target development and purchasing strategy development.
- Update program management tools to ensure cross functional alignment with Program Management/PD/Finance.
- Key activities include achieving alignment on supplier selection and sourcing to meet Supplier Engineering On-Board Dates (SEOBD), achieving program financial and timing targets, identifying and facilitating scale leverage and localisation opportunities.
- Attend Sourcing, Timing and Tooling PAT meetings and provide updates on open/pending items. Coordinate alignment with cross functional team.
- Obtain packaging assumptions for supplier quotations from MP&L
- Support Open-To-Go process with New Model Programs and issue report to affected buyers as needed.
- Support and provide data (where necessary) for cross functional Program Steering meetings/ad-hoc studies.
- Update senior management on program status during established cadence of program review meetings.
- Strong business and commercial acumen and excellent written and verbal abilities
- Demonstrable understanding of current challenges facing the automotive industry and the role of purchasing to support the business
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including relationship building preferred
- Excellent numerical and analytical data skills
- Fully competent with Microsoft Office Tools
- An ability to present competently to management and JV partners
- Knowledge of Purchasing, Supply Chain Management
- Strong organizational and project management skills; self-starter
- Degree and ideally CIPS qualified.
** THIS POSITION IS CONFIRMED INSIDE IR35 **
Travel to Turkey to liaise with internal teams.
To apply for this position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.