Commercial Services Administrator (12 months - Maternity Leave Cover)
Location: Smethwick, Birmingham
With over 200 years of rich heritage, this specialist company has always been associated with trust and honesty. They have worked hard to understand the changing nature of markets and customer needs in line with the ever-changing world around us. Based in Smethwick, we have a reputation for constantly evolving to deliver exactly what the customer wants with visionary performance been one of industry firsts, technical advances and design triumphs.
An international, Fortune 200 business with a great world-wide reputation and a brand name known and trusted throughout the globe. No-one else has a history of making such a wide range of quality, innovative products with a continually changing focus to match requirements.
"Think of any food or ingredients that need to be weighed, and we weigh them!"
The role will provide support to the Service Commercial department and will involve dealing with both internal and external customers. The requirements of the role are to maintain and grow the existing consumables customer base through telesales, making customer calls and managing customer orders.
CRM updates, quotations, PO's management and invoicing are important aspects of the role.
- Strong communication skills and telephone manner
- Strong attention to detail
- Data management skills
- A positive, pro-active and enthusiastic team attitude
- A commitment to customer service
- The ability to prioritise effectively and meet deadlines
- Good time management
- PC literate with a working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Able to travel to the Smethwick area for work
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The key responsibility of the Commercial Services Administrator will be to contact existing and new customers to increase orders and grow consumables and spare parts sales.
Key Tasks include:
- Maintain customer relationships and deliver first class customer service
- To take customer commercial calls/enquiries and progress to service sales
- To take and process customer payments
- Maintain accurate customer records
- Ensure timely quotations, order placement and invoicing
- Identify and follow-up on new business opportunities
- Provide commercial and admin support
- To make customer calls and manage customer call-back process
- Deliver support and provide cover to colleagues within Service where needed
- Comply with all company policies and appendices within the Contract of Employment
- Provide data extracts to support reporting requirements as necessary
- £18,000 - £18,500/year salary (paid monthly as a permanent member of staff)
- 34 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays)
- 37 hours week Monday to Friday (initial rota between 8:30am - 5:00pm)
- Guarantee of 12 months' work direct with a friendly and supportive employer
- Full training provided on-the-job with gradual increase in responsibility
- Potential opportunity at permanent employment
- Start date ASAP
This Commercial Services Administrator job opportunity presents as an excellent opportunity for a someone who is looking for a minimum 12 month contract of work with permanent employment opportunities.
You will have the opportunity to work with a supportive and friendly yet professional and high-performing team and in doing so develop some new skills and work with household name accounts. This is a highly reputable service and manufacturing brand. If this opportunity may be of interest to you and you are available to start work ASAP then please 'apply' now or for more information contact Colin Reeves on 01384 446121.