- Sector: Defence & Aviation
- Function: Project & Programme Management
- Contact: Matthew Heath
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446187
- Expiry Date: 09 November 2021
- Job Ref: 59430
Commercial Project Manager - Defence - Dorset
As a recognised brand within the global defence community for aftermarket products & solutions for air to air refuelling systems, based in Dorset the Commercial / Project Manager - Aftermarket Product Development is to identify improvement initiatives as well as preparing the associated business cases for internal approval; liaise with customers to understand how post-delivery support can be enhanced to provide the best customer service; deliver the products, services & training solutions in line with the approved business case and the agreed scope and benefits to quality, time and cost parameters; be responsible for leading bids and proposals to secure future opportunities with existing and new Customers.
- Conduct market & customer research to identify new opportunities to deliver products, training & services to AAR customers.
- Review existing aftermarket processes/procedures & identify modern solutions that makes support to our customers much more efficient.
- Prepare & issue internal business cases that highlight the benefits of proceeding with the new products/services.
- Deliver project or bid to agreed time, cost and quality parameters.
- Direct motivate & provide leadership for the project team.
- Organise, coordinate & direct the project activities.
- Identify, mitigate & monitor risks & issues proactively.
- Ensure effective & open communication throughout the project team & with stakeholders.
- Manage & deliver the required product (s) for each project, phase or stage motivating the supply chain.
- Manage the tracking, updating & reporting of progress and/or variances on all aspects of approved Projects including financials, project plans, work breakdown structures, project risk registers & adherence to our clients Delivery Framework.
- Co-operate with management to meet the employer's legal duties and take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
- Ability to look at solutions outside of the traditional aftermarket offerings.
- Focussed on customer needs with the ability to drive the change through to reality.
- Advanced leadership skills
- Goal orientation balancing task, team and individual needs to achieve the right outcomes
- Advanced interpersonal skills (communication, motivation, persuasion).
- Drive, enthusiasm, initiative and a willingness to develop
- Methodical and organised
- Good facilitator/mediator able to resolve conflict.
- Able to take corporate or 'global' view
- Commercially and contractually aware.
- Demonstrable PPM competences based on the PPM Level needed
- Further competencies will be provided via the competency matrix, and linked to the relevant job level.
- Qualified to deliver CAT 2 projects moving to CAT1
- Degree plus at least 5 years' experience working in project teams or 10 years' experience in the functional areas
- Experience of implementing a change in support philosophy & driving these changes into the organisation.
- Managing CAT3 projects of the same or similar functions and technology, with proven delivery track record.
- Strong knowledge of the functional disciplines and supply chain that require management.
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience of PPM techniques
Working with a UK and internal defence customer base, candidates should already have SC clearance, or have the capability/eligibility to become SC. ITAR regulations apply.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to support this role, then please apply directly.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.