A Commercial Manager with a deep understanding of asset intensive industries is required by one the world's leading engineering organisations. Our client is at the forefront of complex asset performance analytics and has been providing unrivalled support to customers for over 25 years. With a deep understanding of technology integration, infrastructure management, and specialist training, they improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the key market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, the role holder will ensure that the company operates within relevant legal and regulatory frameworks and supports the Corporate Services function in achieving its business objective to provide efficient and effective commercial services. You will be able to demonstrate an open and consultative commercial approach coupled with a strong track record in balancing multiple priorities and a varied workload. This individual will also be able to demonstrate analytical ability to solve commercial problems and an ability to work autonomously to high standards in order to deliver outcomes with minimal supervision.
Based at our clients Lichfield office, as the Commercial Manager you will be responsible for:
- Providing commercial insight and support to Business Management functions in the Bid / Tender submission process, with regard to Bid / Tender cost model evaluation, legal and contractual support and commercial risk assessment
- Ensuring the Group's contracting principles and other related commercial policies mandated within the Group Policies and Authorities Manual are being observed
- Providing support in the development of the solutions software applications business including generation of relevant Contracts / Agreements (From templates), third party licences, end user licences and management of Intellectual Property risks
- Provide support to the business in relation to Trade Controls; import/export, overseas travel and trading, ITAR; implementation of Group policies and procedures
- Review and commercial assessment of Supplier terms and conditions
- Supplier registration and management, including completing required Supplier due diligence.
- Contract change process management; ensuring that internal stakeholders receive timely and relevant commercial guidance as to contract rights and obligations to support the ongoing management of existing projects.
- Stakeholder management: Providing a commercial point of contact and liaising with Finance, Project Management, and Technical / Service Delivery departments in relation to contractual and commercial queries.
The successful candidate will be degree qualified in an appropriate Commercial or Legal discipline with an extensive knowledge of Contracts and Contract Management, ideally within the defence sector, however this is not essential. Experience of software licensing and MoD contracting processes and conditions would be desirable and an understanding of UK export controls and ITAR would also be viewed advantageously.
In return our client can offer a salary up to £40,000pa dependant on experience with a car allowance, excellent pension scheme and healthcare. Due to the nature of this role some travel across the UK will be required so a full driving licence and car is essential. Successful applicants will also need to satisfy the UK Security Clearance requirements for this position. If you would like to discuss this role and our client in more depth, then please call 01384 397555 and ask for Les Hines or send your CV .