over 1 year ago
Commercial Manager - Rail - Manchester - Permanent - Highly Competitive Salary
A Commercial Manager is required with a proven background of operating within a demanding engineering environment. Candidates with a Rail background would be well received but is not esential.
Due to the continued success of this company, a service provider for wheel & axle machining and wheelset & gearbox overhaul capabilities with bogie overhaul & wheelset trading activities based in the Manchester and Doncaster areas requires a motivated, visionary and transformational Commercial Manager with strong people and transactional skills for a new permanent role.
As the Commercial Manager you will be required to:
- To provide management input to the Managing Director and the Senior Management Team to support key operational and strategic decision making
- Support the Senior Contract Managers/Contract Managers in order to deliver key customer/contract objectives
- Deliver to the Senior Management Team key data and analysis of the profitability, revenue predictions, key issues, delivery and quality of service relative to key customers/contracts
- Recognise and support business opportunities
- Support bid sign offs and ensure delegated authority levels are maintained
- Maintain regular customer contact with key contracts, at all levels, to ensure that Customer needs are fully understood and being met
The Commercial Manager should have the following skills or experience:
- Carried out a similar role within an engineering company
- Develop customer and category strategies whilst analysing competitor activity
- Lead transactional capabilities
- Resolve contractual and commercial problems
- A proven background managing people in a diverse and forward-thinking organisation
- Strong analytical skills with digital capabilities whereby an ability to process data accurately is essential
- Review and develop operational process flows
- Offer direction and support to the team
- Good knowledge of ERP systems
- Transactional efficiency to ensure a competitive advantage and an improved return on investment
- Support the development and sustainability of key KPI's and periodical reports.
- Must have an inquisitive mindset combined with an empathetic approach
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience of commercial activities and managing people effectively and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Commercial Manager role, please contact Neil Cayley at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446114 .
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.