Job title: Commercial Manager
Salary Range: Competitive
A Commercial Officer is required with Negotiation, Commercial and Contract Management skills. Candidates with experience and in-depth knowledge of negotiation, contracts, commercial and risk management within a defence, highly regulated, safety critical, high-technology environments would be well received.
A leading supplier of critical solutions company operating at Bournemouth Airport, requires a Commercial Officer who can provide commercial support throughout the organisation. As a Commercial Officer, you will be required to:
- Leading and directing negotiations on contractual Terms and Conditions with new and existing customers, minimising liability for the Company, and maximising profit
- Specific responsibility for a portfolio of contracts
- Liaising with the Value Stream colleagues and customers during the preparation of bids and quotations to ensure a speedy response to enquiries likely to lead to contract award
- Managing the Company Tender Vetting and Contract Acceptance approvals
- Identifying and addressing contract changes, and settling all liability issues affecting operations, as they arise
- Providing advice to the value stream on the best commercial practices to be adopted to achieve their business objectives
- Summarising key Terms and Conditions, risk and reward for presentation to broader audiences
- Ensuring compliance with Divisional and Corporate Frame Work and Contract Policy
- Any other duties that are reasonably requested by management within the capability of the incumbent.
- Operate in accordance with the SHE Technical standards. Identify where the SHE Technical Standards are applicable to appointed operations/tasks and apply safe systems of work identified
As a Commercial Officer, you should have the following skills or experience:
- Combines experience, intuition and strategic thinking to make considered judgements about the overall impact on the business and people, including of potential threats
- Has experience of managing commercial risk
- Creates an environment in which issues are recognised, accepted and resolved
- Has a high level of gravitas and commands respect
- Has broad business awareness enabling an appropriate contribution at a senior level
- Degree calibre with 10 years relevant experience
- Proven relevant experience gained in a commercial discipline in a high-tech industry, ideally within the aerospace/defence/manufacturing sector
- Knowledge and experience of identifying, vetting and managing Intermediaries and advisors.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge and experience of Commercial and Contract Management to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Aerospace company will offer you:
- Competitive Salary.
- Comprehensive Benefits.
- Career development.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge and experience of Commercial and Contract Management and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Commercial Manager role, please contact Paul Broadhead at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446 155.