over 1 year ago
Aerospace and Defence - Competitive - Permanent - Leicestershire
A Commercial Manager is required to join the Commercial Team within a market leading Innovative Defence Systems Company. The Commercial Manager will report to the Commercial Executive and will be responsible for leading the negotiation and management of the contractual interfaces with customers and major subcontractors.
Commercial Manager - Key responsibilities and leading in the following areas
- Liaison with national and international customers and suppliers on contract terms
- Negotiation of contracts and change proposals
- Maintenance of contract baseline including terms and conditions
- Flow down of commercial requirements for subcontracts
- Preparation of Cost models for different types of programmes
- Major programmes pricing
- Preparation of competitive price proposals
- Preparation of competitive bidding for subcontracts
- Progress invoices and payments
- Advise programme team of legal and commercial obligations
- Ensure compliance with import and export control regulations (including ITAR and EAR)
- Managing subcontractors
Knowledge and skills required
- Relevant knowledge of legal and contractual obligations. Education to a degree level with International Commercial Law.
- Proven experience within an industry similar position with emphasis on high value local and international contracts - essential
- Proven successful experience in leading negotiation of complex contracts - essential
- Strong business and commercial acumen - essential
- Proven experience in major programmes pricing and winning price proposal preparation - essential
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-cultural / multinational team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - essential
- Knowledge of import and export control regulations (including ITAR and EAR).
- Flexible approach to working hours.
- Excellent ability to quickly build both internal and external successful business relationships.
- Extensive travel and working in locations across the UK. Also, some overseas travel.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook)
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and deliver on tight time frames.
- Relevant experience in large development and procurement programmes.
- UK MOD procurement conditions.
**Security Clearance will be required for this role and therefore only applications from candidates able to obtain this will be considered**
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of international contact negotiation and management and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Commercial Managers role, please contact Paul Broadhead at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446 155.