- Sector: Manufacturing & Materials
- Function: Sales and business development
- Contact: Matthew Heath
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446187
- Duration: Permanent
- Start Date: URGENT
- Expiry Date: 28 July 2022
- Job Ref: 61662
In support of a growing electro-mechanical engineering SME who specialise in the design, manufacturing and distribution of an extensive range of electrical connector products and connection systems for several industry sectors including aviation, rail, marine, and defence, we are seeking a Commercial Manager to manage, develop and coordinate their commercial, quotation, sales order and sales process activities.
Based on their site in Essex and managing a team of 6 (inward sales, estimator, procurement), this role is a direct hands-on position responsible for managing and improving the incoming Sales Orders and Contract Review, Commerciality of Quotations, the Quotation Process and Procurement services.
As they expand into new sectors away from their traditional position in rail, this role requires qualified leadership exposure to support their international distribution activity, but is office based.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for:
- Providing strong leadership in the day-to-day operations of the commercial/procurement department and mentor the members of the team
- Establishing performance goals for all departmental employees and monitor performance on a continual basis
- Oversee all annual reviews, hiring, appraisals, training and discipline of relating personnel.
- Responsible for order intake and system management
- Work to drive procurement costs down and make business improvements
- Managing the estimating process, to get responsive, commercial balanced quotations back to the customers
- Manage problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure growth.
In support of this role, you should ideally have/be:
- Ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements.
- Proven contract management and supplier experience.
- Experience of operating and influencing at a strategic level.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant commercial or engineering discipline or equivalent NVQ Level 7 qualification.
- Preferably a Member of The Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) Chartered Member of an industry related Professional Body, or on the journey.
- Demonstrable experience of leading a Commercial/Procurement function with a proven engineering and manufacturing environment.
- Proven project management and supplier experience.
- Knowledge and technical understanding of industrial/rail/aviation components.
This position offers a competitive salary range. Therefore, if you are interested in this urgent position, then please apply directly or contact Matthew Heath (email@example.com).
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.