Highly competitive salary and package
Commercial Engineering Manager - Oxfordshire
Based from their central UK offices in Oxfordshire, our growing globally based client is seeking a mid to senior positioned commercially and technically aware Commercial Engineering Manager to support the further successful delivery of mid to high value tenders and packages of work for complete warehouse logistic systems.
Reporting directly to Business Development Director and working closely with teams of Business Development Managers and Sales Engineers, this position will hold responsibility for:
- Programming and managing their own workload as well as that of the Sales Engineering team
- Preparing project specific proposals for projects across the Business Units
- Complying with the documented company tendering procedure
- Reading and fully understanding client specifications and drawings as well as completing first stage commercial analysis of commercial requirements
- Understanding documentation required for formal submissions
- Ascertaining preliminary and detailed project requirements and solutions, including programmes and value engineering solutions
- Liaising with the Customer Service and Project delivery teams for each sector as necessary
- Preparing material, labour, plant and subcontractor cost analysis spreadsheets in conjunction with the procurement department
- Attending site visits and client meetings
- Organising and partaking in bid initiation, technical and commercial review meetings and subsequent follow up meetings with project leaders
- Presenting the cost estimate in full detail to management for review and final approval.
- For the identification and evaluation of risks as well as developing a strategy to manage and mitigate the risks to the company
- Considering site safety, health and environmental issues
- Co-ordinating and liaising with suppliers, specialist sub-contractors and 'in-house' resources
- Ensuring that commercial and technical submissions are fully compliant with the conditions of contract with all necessary details/clarifications/qualifications to the proposal clearly communicated
- Working with internal tools and systems e.g., ASTA / C4C / DOXIS / QUIM / SAP
- Supporting the Senior Team during contract negotiations
- Cash Flow Analysis
- Working on Strategic Projects for the ongoing development of our client
- Liaison with other Group subsidiaries
Coming from a consultative and solution sales environment and used to working with multiple projects, this role is seeking candidates who may have a background in developing and estimating M&E projects, or are from a mechanical or electrical engineering background sector. You should have:
- Knowledge of contract conditions and in particular MF/1
- IT literacy - Minimum MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) and MS Project
- Must have experience & knowledge of automation equipment including:
- Logistical (or process) layout of integrated solutions
- Access to and maintenance of such equipment
- Confident presentation skills
- Competent user/reader of CAD layouts
- Good time management
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with colleagues, clients and contractors
- Ability to manage workload efficiently
- Effective decision maker and excellent team player
- Commitment to company's Equality and Diversity policies and values
This position offers a competitive salary range and package and works alongside teams based in both the UK and Europe. On this basis, travel within the group as well as externally is required.
If you feel you have the technical and commercial awareness to support this role then please apply directly.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.