Competitive Salary and Package
T. A. Savery & Co. Ltd is a privately-owned company with Savery Hydraulics, Oleo International, Pinlok and Digital Trains as trading divisions; with sales of approximately £35m and employs over 350 staff. The headquarters and main manufacturing operations are in the UK. There are significant and growing manufacturing and sales operations in Shanghai and Bangalore. Sales and service operations in Germany, Singapore and USA.
Oleo International is searching for an accomplished and experienced Commercial Director who has proven capability to lead and develop an international based sales team, with an in-depth experience of the Rail Industry.
Oleo is the world leading brand for impact energy absorption for applications in Rail, Industrial and Elevator sectors.
Pinlok brand represents anti-climbers, couplers and buffer stops. Digital Trains is digital twin simulation software. These are safety critical high specification products that provide complete crash energy management solutions. In particular, rail crash worthiness solutions can be configured and simulated using our proprietary software, Digital Trains. Products are validated by our unique capability to correlate test results and mathematical simulations in accordance with standards such as EN15227.
Based in the Coventry HQ, reporting directly to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for a sales organisation consisting of 6 Global Sales Business Units.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Management and development of the Sales Business Unit teams. The Rail Industry worldwide is a particular focus for new products.
- Coordination of commercial strategy for global customers across their internationally based teams.
- Working closely with the Senior Management Team in the UK, particularly contributing to Sales & Operations Planning and coordination with Engineering for customer project management.
- The development and establishment of international sales offices, including new locations planned for 2020.
- Contribute to new product introduction strategy and product management.
- Play a major role in identifying and winning sales opportunities in order to maximise market share and secure long-term customer relationships that add value and ensure consistent growth and profitability
This person will need to have:
- Excellent academic track record, with at least a university degree and a further qualification such as an MBA will be an advantage.
- Proven capability to lead and develop an international based sales team. A period being based and working outside the UK would be an advantage.
- There is a strong preference for an individual with experience within the rail sector, working with or for blue chip companies.
- Experience of developing product strategies, sales channels, distributors and key account strategies delivering growth and improved profitability.
- Personal qualities will include high levels of energy, enthusiasm and self-motivation with excellent negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills; with excellent leadership skills.
The benefits package:
A competitive salary is offered plus all the usual benefits you would expect from a leading company.
- Excellent Salary and attractive performance orientated Bonus
- Car Allowance, Life Assurance, Private Health Insurance, Contributory Pension Scheme
This is a great opportunity to work for a rapidly expanding and world-renowned engineering company and there are real opportunities for the right candidate to advance in line with the business growth and development.
For more information or to apply, please contact Gemma Skidmore of Jonathan Lee Recruitment.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.