£100k - 130k per year
about 1 month ago
My client is a growing business with significant financial backing. The business aims to launch an innovative, patented product in 2022 introducing new powertrain technology to the marine sector for multiple applications and vessel sizes.
The organisation is a small, experienced team of people who are passionate about successfully bringing this technologically leading product to market.
The Commercial Director will lead all Commercial (Sales, Marketing, Procurement and Supply Chain) activities. This will include working closely with the CEO, CFO and existing experts and functional heads within the business. This represents a fantastic opportunity to join the senior team of the business from the outset.
- Executive leadership of all Commercial activities, including Sales, Marketing, Procurement and Supply Chain.
- Establishing and implementing the sales, marketing & distribution strategy.
- Oversight, review & implementation of the procurement and supply chain strategy and processes for a start-up engineering and manufacturing business.
- Reviewing & confirming the right route to market, including distribution strategy, distributor selection, market (commercial, government, recreational etc.) & country sales rollout prioritisation.
- Developing a plan for a USA office – scope and location of facility and resources required, including agreeing responsibilities with selected distribution partners.
- Build a sales pipeline of business opportunities consistent with the business growth plans.
- Work with the CEO, CFO & other internal experts to confirm the pricing strategy.
- Direct reports include: Head of Sales, Marketing & Compliance and Head of Purchasing & Supply Chain.
- Developing the resource plan and leading subsequent recruitment to ensure the successful delivery of all commercial activities.
- Further developing and formalising the marketing plan for the product, launch events, boat shows and website, including working with our selected external partner.
- Ensuring that Procurement and Supplier Development processes are robustly implemented to prepare the business for Start of Production & ongoing volume supply.
- Ensuring that all Procurement & Supply Chain deliverables are achieved by working with the Head of Procurement & Supply Chain, including achieving a production BoM to target cost.
- Owning the overall supply chain strategy and processes: including optimising the order intake process, inbound and outbound shipping efficiency and costs, establishing stocking & customer lead-time policy etc.
- Working in conjunction with the Head of Sales and Marketing and Head of Procurement & Supply Chain to establish the best order management and distribution strategy and processes to deliver outstanding customer service.
- At least 10 years’ experience in substantial commercial roles, with sales and marketing experience essential.
- At least 5 years in a senior leadership commercial position, ideally Commercial Director or Sales and Marketing Director.
- Experience of setting up distribution channels for sales through distributors and dealers, including negotiating distribution agreements.
- Ideally, experience of the marine market and related distribution models.
- At least 5 years in a ‘blue chip’ manufacturing / engineering organisation where best practice commercial processes have been employed.
- Experience of having worked in a Small, Medium Enterprise (SME) and personally getting things done as part of a small team.
- Degree qualified in a relevant business or engineering discipline.
- Sales, Marketing or Procurement qualifications with a chartered body would also be a benefit.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-backed growing business in an exciting sector as it launches its first product to market, offering real career and personal growth as part of the journey.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.