almost 2 years ago
I am looking for a talented, resourceful, driven and organised Commercial Development Manager for whom Business Development and Account Management come naturally. My client, a global presence within the foodservice industry, are looking to fill a key position within their Commercial team based in Ashford, Middlesex; if you are looking for a fast-paced and demanding challenge then this could be the right job for you!
The successful Commercial Development Manager will work with one of the employer's key client accounts, managing multiple overlapping projects to ensure smooth day-to-day running of the business. The nature of the job means that this will not be a "9-to-5 "position, queries and requests could come from across your client's various business areas, from external suppliers, or from your colleagues. Whilst ensuring the business is managed skilfully, you will have full responsibility for Profit & Loss (P&L), so as well as being organised and a talented sales person, you need to have strong business acumen.
The successful Commercial Development Manager will:
- Spend approximately 50% of their time working across sites in Mainland Europe, so will need to have flexibility in their approach to their day to day location.
- Support their client in creating new menus for new seasons, or new locations, so will need to keep abreast of culinary trends to ensure the client can continue to offer market leading options to their customers.
- Take full responsibility for Profit and Loss for their account(s); they will need to be commercially savvy and experienced at running an account as though it is their own business.
- Present to internal and external people of all levels, so will need to have experience in presenting to large and small audiences, up to board level, and of tailoring presentations to suit the audience. They will also need to have a real presence in a room, so their messages are taken on board.
The successful Commercial Development Manager will have the following skills and experience:
- Extensive demonstrable P&L experience.
- A track record in providing seamless account management in a complex and fast paced foodservice environment.
- A history of developing existing accounts, and the ability to secure new business with prospects too.
- European languages would be useful, but not essential.
- Flexibility with working hours and location due to the demands of the job.
In return the client, based in Ashford, Middlesex, offers opportunities for progression within the department, a competitive salary which is negotiable depending upon experience, and the opportunity to have the autonomy and flexibility to manage a high-profile account as you wish.
There is already keen interest in this role, so please don't hesitate to apply if this sounds like a role that would suit your skills. You can email me your CV or if you wanted to discuss please do call me on 01384 446131.