Commercial Category Manager
Industry: Product and Supplier Management
We are now recruiting for a driven and motivated Commercial Category Manager, who will direct and manage the commercial portion of the category and ensure profitable growth and value extraction of suppliers. Working for a large successful international company within the electrical components industry this is fantastic opportunity to manage a range of products and make a real difference.
As a Commercial Category Manager, you will be required to:
- Deliver the following KPI's: sales revenue, margin, ROI customer acquisition, product range growth and growing market share.
- Work directly with the Portfolio Manager to develop business plans
- Develop long term portfolio strategy to ensure the portfolio meets the changing needs of the customer
- Work towards achieving the overall strategy of the organisation.
- Work closely with Product Marketing, Pricing and Inventory to ensure profitable sales and commercial initiatives are optimised.
The Commercial Category Manager should have the following skills or experience:
- A strong buying/purchasing background
- Strong negotiating skills
- Successful track record in product/category management or related functional discipline
- Business planning and execution capability across a product category
- Successful supplier relationship management skills
- Strong commercial acumen and broad communication skills
- Educated to degree-level or equivalent
- Positive can-do attitude, takes ownership and very results oriented
- Marketing, purchasing and inventory control knowledge
- Operational problem solver and good process management capability
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of buying and product management and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Commercial Category Manager role, please contact Ed Smith at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133 or email .