Role: Combustion Engineer
Locations: South Region x 1, West Midlands x 1 and East Anglia x 1
£28,000 - £32,000 p/a + Company Van + Benefits
We are currently recruiting for permanent Combustion Engineers to work for our client, they are looking for several engineers to cover South Region, North Region and West Midlands.
The main responsibility of the role will be the completion of the planned and reactive operational maintenance tasks and also the reactive works which arise through the normal operation of a large office type building.
- To perform any maintenance tasks and other associated tasks on any part of the site.
- Carry out P.P.M., service, test, diagnose, repair and calibrate advanced electrical and mechanical installations, plant and equipment.
- You will operate as part of an effective Professional Maintenance team, and be expected to work on their own initiative and also work as part of a team.
- React to breakdown maintenance requests.
- Carry out isolation's for specialist maintenance sub-contractors.
- To carry out minor new works where directed.
- Support the winter weather clearance requirements.
- Work safely and in accordance with company Health and Safety procedures.
- Supporting the contingency plans for the service delivery.
- Help maintain accurate maintenance records and plant history.
- Deal with new situations as they arise.
- Pass on working knowledge as required.
- Undertake training as required.
- Be aware of the business continuity plan for the part of the business you work in.
- To provide support to when needed to the on site Caretaker and Cleaning Teams.
- Specific knowledge in both Mechanical and Electrical building services which are considered normal for a building office location i.e. HVAC, electrical distribution and emergency system.
- Have an excellent understand of the planned maintenance requirements of medium sized gas heating boiler of circa 320kW capacity and also gas catering equipment.
- Will be expected to have acquired elements of other skills which will enable them to work flexibly across trades and also support handyman type activities.
- At times support with minor new works will be required. The person will be proactive and report into the site Facilities Manager and in line with companies QSHE policies, procedures and guidance.
- The successful candidate will hold the relevant qualifications to work on gas heating boilers up to 350kw, gas catering equipment and ideally have certificated mechanical and electrical skills.
Experience and Skills:
- Gas safe qualifications
- Experience of mechanical or electrical, plumbing and general handy person duties
- Be confident to work and understand the requirement of working safely within a team environment
- Hold a level of certification to enable planned and reactive work to be completed on medium sized gas boilers of circa 320 kw and also work on gas catering equipment
- Experience preferably in a similar Facilities Management / Building Services back ground
- The post holder will have an obligation to undertake where necessary training to ensure the level of competency is up held
- Ability to be an effective Team Player within the team
- IT skills relevant to the position as work orders are to be issued using PDA's and or Windows based software
- Completion of a recognised mechanical or electrical qualification
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate and communicate to all the appropriate levels within the Business and Client across all disciplines
- Flexible with the ability to work under pressure whilst looking for continual improvements to service delivery
- Capable of working on own initiative and without supervision
- To be fully aware of and adhere to relevant companies QSHE policies and procedures
- Capable of providing a proactive service to improve our service delivery at all times
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.