- Sector: Naval & Marine
- Function: Manufacturing and production
- Contact: Jade Whitmore
- Contact Email: Jade.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 00000
- Expiry Date: 22 October 2021
- Job Ref: 58843
Job title: Combat Systems Engineer - 12 month contract Inside IR35
Salary Range: Negotiable. Flexible for the right candidate.
We are currently recruiting 4 x Combat Systems Engineers to work on a 12 month contract in Portsmouth. You must be SC Cleared to be considered for this role due to the nature of the work.
This position will be permanently on site in Portsmouth however ability and willingness to travel to other locations in the UK and abroad to support external supplier testing and trials will also be necessary. There will also be opportunities to support sea trials on board Royal Navy ships.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be as followed:
- Support the Senior Combat System Engineers and Technical Leads on relevant technical matters relating to a range of areas across the Combat System.
- Engage with customers, other stakeholders, and suppliers
- Work as part of a technical team in support of project objectives and contract deliverables in accordance with the Technical Delivery Plan
- Produce test plans, execute trial activities and conduct post-trial analysis
- Generate technical documentation including the Supporting Evidence for Certificate of Safe Integration
- Deliver work and reports on progress to more senior technical and project staff
- Conduct sea trials on Royal Navy Ships including potentially overseas
- Escalate significant problems and issues encountered to senior technical and project staff
- Accountable to the Senior Combat Systems Engineer (CSE) within delegated technical activities.
- Accountable for any Associate CSEs allocated within delegated technical activities.
To be successful in this role, you must have the following:
- Honours Degree in Engineering, Physics or similar. HNC/D Level qualification (or equivalent) may be accepted if accompanied with appropriate experience
- IEng (or equivalent) is desirable
- 4 years+ relevant experience in engineering
- Proven experience on Naval Combat Systems OR Expertise in specific technology e.g. radar/sonar/C2/weapons/etc. OR Experience in Test & Evaluation or Integration.
- Experience in Type 31 combat system development.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to join a very well established defence business. If you would like to discuss the Combat Systems Engineer role in further detail please contact Jade Whitmore on 01384 446133 or email email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.