City of London, London
almost 2 years ago
Job Title: Colour Designer
Location: Paddington, Central London
Contract Hourly Rate: £28ph - £40ph (DOE)
An unmissable opportunity for a Colour Designer has become available for our central London based Clients. The successful Designer will be responsible for providing modern and innovative colour and material design that both challenges traditional approaches whilst reflecting the requirements and expectations of the Company product planning brief.
- Research and develop visual concept proposals with the Global Colour Group, providing a unique and innovative perspective
- Effectively utilise the latest Design tools to illustrate the proposals
- Able to research, develop and propose innovative materials or finishes with suppliers: increasing feasibility level of advanced materials at a reduced cost.
- Communicate design concepts and ideas effectively, whilst maintaining a high-level of visual presentation
- Lead specific colour projects from exploratory design through to production vehicle
- Attend and support project planning meetings to ensure understanding of the project direction is clear
- Obtain and follow timing plans and keep within the allowable cost targets of materials
- Ensure effective communicate with all Business partner / stakeholders on a regular basis
- Maintain an overall involvement and understanding of the project needs
- Establish and adhere to best-practice develop processes at all times
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Highly creative and innovative, with a proactive approach
- Ability to work cross-functionally within an efficient yet effective manner.
- Motivational and proactive approach to teamwork is essential
- Leadership & Project management skills essential
- Strong ability to constantly challenge and innovate in colour and materials.
- Bachelor of Arts Degree or equivalent in Art & Design
- Technical awareness of relevant material manufacturing processes
- Experience of working within the automotive industry and awareness of the current industry trends
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role please contact Teresa Anderson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment -