Colour and Materials Designer - Permanent salary (dependent on experience) - California, USA
Our client's, an electric vehicle company based in Los Angeles, CA is seeking a knowledgeable and experienced CMF Designer to be a part of its dynamic and growing design team. The qualified candidate would not only be design savvy, but have a thorough understanding of the production process.
· Ideate, develop and execute CMF design concepts into production and show vehicles
· Collaborate with all members of design (Exterior, Interior, Visualization, Digital Modeling) in generating advanced concept directions that push design boundaries.
· Develop, design and execute colors, materials and finishes for the exterior and interior of the vehicle from concept stage to production, working closely with engineering, purchasing, design quality and suppliers.
· Develop, design and execute color palette inspirations, mood and material/finish boards (digital and physical).
· Research, analyze and translate trends into design concepts meeting design criteria.
· Visualize and communicate your ideas in renderings, sample mock-ups and high end presentation techniques.
· Develop supplier relationships and generate new resources for CMF
· Contribute to the CMF materials library, help maintain an efficient and organized library and develop processes to facilitate efficient workflow
· Documentation of CMF design direction to share internally and with suppliers.
· Design presentations for executive level meetings, communicate and present design directions to Sr level management.
· Ability to manage workload, set priorities and oversee your project timelines, meet timing milestones
· 7-10 years experience in the automotive industry as a Sr. CMF Designer
· Must have experience with production vehicles (executing all stages of CMF Design and Production), as well as show vehicles
· Expertise and understanding of manufacturing process
· High color acuity
· Substantial expertise in visualization and presentation techniques
· Proficient in all Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Office and knowledge of Vred and Keynote
When applying please send your CV, along with salary requirements, portfolio and notice period.
For more information about the role, or to apply please contact Gemma Gregson - Jonathan Lee Design Services tel: 01384 446144 or email .
4 months ago