Colour and Materials Designer/ Computer Generated Artist - Gaydon/ Oxford Road - Attractive hourly rate
You will be part of our client's Colour & Materials team supporting their C&M Bespoke & Personalisation Manager. SVO are offering a service of configuring their product with unique colour and materials. You would be required to support Bespoke SVO by producing high end visuals for individual customer commissions. You would need to be able to compile large data sets in order to produce interior and exterior images to a very high standard. These images will then be required to be placed into a format to communicate each customer's individual vehicle. Additional items of bespoke personalisation will need to be added graphically in areas such as tread plates, badging and embroidery etc.
Your working days would be shared between the Gaydon C&M design studio and the state of the art commissioning facility, at the home of SVO. (Special Vehicle Operations.) This is a relatively new and dynamic team offering a service to the client's Global Retail Network the opportunity to send their most discerning customers to us to bespoke their new vehicles. This service is exclusive and not advertised widely to the general public.
A strong keen interest in the automotive sector is essential to fulfil this role.
- Data preparation of CAS models for use within Visualisation toolsets.
- Providing 2D & 3D presentations
- Produce presentations for both design strategy and customer commissions
- 3D Still, Animated, Live interactive presentations or 2D Motion Graphical visual stimulus
- Support delivery of the Bespoke configurator
- Assist, when requested with all virtual reviews, presentations, market research events or product launches located within JLR Design or externally
- Needs to be agile and flexible to respond to customer and internal requests
- Proactively research and investigate new materials , technologies and processes to streamline workflow efficiencies and achieve the visual aspirations of the Design C&M & Bespoke team.
- Undertake any other work and creative support as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested from time to time
- Actively work with the Operations Team /Design C&M teams to achieve the best possible outcomes
- Extensive product knowledge on the model content - continually expanding product knowledge
- Comply with company policy and procedures, particularly with Design Studio and data security
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Design Degree or relevant equivalent experience preferred
- Creative designer with proven track record (automotive preferred)
- Experience of using relevant Design software (Autodesk Maya/3DS Max, VRED, Vray, Adobe creation suite)
- Self-motivated, agile & flexible
- Advanced use of Photoshop / illustrator / InDesign or similar software
- Experience in the creation of Visual Stimulus (e.g. Computer Generated stills/animation, photographs).
- Knowledge of PowerPoint and Google Docs Skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to relate to customers, staff and management and be a good team player
For more information about this role, or to submit an application, please contact Gemma Gregson at Jonathan Lee Design Services - . Please send your CV, portfolio and salary/ rate requirements .