- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Creative design & styling
- Contact: Rachel Meacham
- Contact Email: Rachel.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446112
- Duration: contract
- Start Date: asap
- Expiry Date: 23 June 2022
- Job Ref: 61711
Title: Colour and Materials Designer
Contract Position based at: Gaydon with travel to suppliers and other plants
Rate: up to £38.15/hr Ltd umbrella
As a Colour and Materials Lead Designer you will be responsible for
- Creating and realising innovative proof of concepts and material solutions for both interior and exterior applications from Concept through to Job 1 and beyond.
- Delivering more sustainable and responsible material initiatives and methods of make is key to the role.
- Weekly Design reviews for project progress assessments with line manager and Chief Designer.
- High contribution to meetings through suggestions, problem solving and Design representation.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven creative and presentation skills.
- A good understanding of product, interior, the design industry in general and automotive design combined with good aesthetic judgement, colour vision and colour perception.
- Knowledge of automotive materials, processes and suppliers with a high degree of competitor awareness
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to relate to and communicate at all levels
- Capable of working with minimal supervision to meet objectives and implement design on their own.
- Passion for Colour and Material Technology and Design as evidenced by up to date in field literature, innovations and Trends.
- Proven ability to plan and undertake projects to a strict deadline.
- An individual, who works independently, is results driven, demonstrating tenacity, drive and perseverance with the ability to deliver operational plans in a complex, highly demanding environment.
- Experience with ability to mentor and coach others in design process and methods.
- Advanced use of Adobe package software: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign software and ability to use internet resources appropriately for research purposes
Proven ability to adjust to changing design, feasibility and cost requirements
Additional software skills like VRED or video editing software skills such as Final cut pro
Degree qualified or equivalent experience preferred
** THIS POSITION IS DEEMED TO BE INSIDE IR35 **
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.