- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Creative design & styling
- Contact: Rachel Meacham
- Contact Email: Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446112
- Duration: contract
- Start Date: asap
- Expiry Date: 23 June 2022
- Job Ref: 61158
Title: Colour and Materials Designer - 37779
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Rate: up to £38.15/hr Ltd (PAYE option also available)
Colour and Materials Designer
- Designing and developing colour & materials for Core (Creation and Realisation) and SVO programmes from an interior and exterior point of view from Concept through to Job 1 and beyond.
- Development of interior/exterior body and trim finishes and surface materials in terms of colour, aesthetic and tactile qualities and the selection and application
- A collaborative approach will be required to build on program ideas as projects as they move from Creation to Realisation, influencing the design direction of a project with a high degree of creativity and solutions that can be analysed, developed and lead independently
- Negotiating against cost and feasibility issues to achieve customer satisfaction and detailed liaison with Interior / Exterior Designers, Sales and Marketing, Engineers and Suppliers
- Agreeing design changes and communicating direction to team and suppliers and for coordinating suppliers to deliver on time
- Flexibility to carry out work on different programme activities dependent on business needs.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Software competency: Photoshop/Illustrator/VRED Automotive C&M Design experience
- Experienced as a Designer with proven experience or examples in portfolio of colour and material design application. Proficient in adobe creative suite: Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign
- Experience working with luxury lifestyle brands.
- A good understanding of automotive design and delivery processes.
- Must be able to multi-task and work on several projects simultaneously.
- Confident communicators and comfortable presenting to internal and external stakeholders
- Successful candidates will have modern luxury taste level and design execution
Relevant Design Degree Design, ideally BA or equivalent - Textile, Fashion, Graphics, Product, Automotive design or similar.
** THIS POSITION IS DEEMED TO BE INSIDE IR35 **
PORTFOLIO / CASE STUDY OF WORK: All applicants must provide a Work Portfolio and/or examples of experience development studies/case studies to their application to be considered. This file must be no larger than 5MB
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.