£25.33 - 25.33 per hour
Title: Colour and Materials Designer
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
- Responsibility for designing and developing colour & materials for core and SV programmes from an interior and exterior point of view from Concept through to Job 1 and beyond.
- Responsible for the development of interior/exterior body and trim finishes and surface materials in terms of colour, aesthetic and tactile qualities and the selection and application
- Responsible for the development of personalisation opportunities and limited editions.
- A collaborative approach will be required to build on program ideas as projects as they move from Creation to Realisation, influencing the design direction of a project with a high degree of creativity and solutions that can be analysed, developed and lead independently
- Negotiating against cost and feasibility issues to achieve customer satisfaction and detailed liaison with Interior / Exterior Designers, Sales and Marketing, Engineers and Suppliers
- Responsible for agreeing design changes and communicating direction to team and suppliers and for coordinating suppliers to deliver on time
- Flexibility to carry out work on different programme activities dependent on business needs.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- Relevant Design Degree
- Design software competency in Photoshop/Illustrator/VRED
- A good understanding of product and automotive design combined with good aesthetic judgement, colour vision and colour perception
- Automotive C&M Design experience
- Proven experience, ideally in a global studio
- Presentation skills, proficiency
Design related Degree
To apply for this position please send your CV to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.