5 months ago
Job Title: Colour and Materials Designer
Contract Position based at: Gaydon with some travel
Competitive rates available
Our Warwickshire based client is seeking an experienced Colour and Materials designer to support new and exciting project delivery. you will have the responsibility for designing and developing colour & materials for from an interior and exterior point of view from Concept through to Job 1 and beyond. (Initially the role will be focused on Realisation content.)
Reporting to the Realisation Colour and Materials Manager, the individual will be responsible for:
- Development of interior/exterior body and trim finishes and surface materials in terms of colour, aesthetic and tactile qualities and the selection and application
- Collaboration will be required to build on program ideas as projects as they move from Creation to Realisation, influencing the design direction of a project with a high degree of creativity and solutions that can be analyzed, developed and lead independently
- Negotiating against cost and feasibility issues to achieve customer satisfaction and detailed liaison with Interior / Exterior Designers, Sales and Marketing, Engineers and Suppliers
- Agreeing design changes and communicating direction to team and suppliers and for coordinating suppliers to deliver on time
- Carrying out work on different programme activities dependent on business needs.
- Previous experience as a Designer in an automotive OEM Colour & Materials Studio, or in Colour & Materials for other industries.
- Good aesthetic judgement, colour vision and colour perception.
- Ability to plan and undertake projects to a strict deadline. Knowledge of automotive materials, processes and suppliers with a high degree of competitor awareness.
- Ability to adjust to changing design, feasibility and cost requirements.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. For further information please send your interest and CV to - Teresa.firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.