Cockpit TVM Engineer. TVM (Total Value Management)
- Introduce programme of engineering changes that achieve Cockpit team unit cost reduction target.
- Key coordinator managing delivery of a programme of engineering changes, across all Jaguar and Land Rover vehicle lines, that will enable the Cockpit team to meet its Annual unit cost saving target.
- Run weekly status reviews with each supplier and key stake holders. These meetings will be used to
- Progress feasibility studies for feasible actions.
- Generate all data required to support release of feasible actions.
- Manage on time introduction of changes.
- Release of TVM changes into the system.
- CAD support will be provided by Cockpit team.
- Additional releasing support will be found from the Cockpit team if volume of changes exceeds the capacity of the TVM Lead Engineer.
- In this case the TVM lead will monitor progress of these releases.
- The Lead Engineer will engage with all key stake holders and Departments to ensure all changes are implemented without detrimental effect to Quality and volume production.
- Proven Programme management capability within automotive industry. Experience in a cost reduction role will be desirable.
- Knowledge of Technologies employed within Cockpit systems. Plastic moulding experience being a key requirement.
- Experience with automotive part releasing process's and ability to review CAD data.
- History of successful Project management delivery of technical programmes, ideally in the automotive sector or adjacent industries e.g. rail, aerospace, defence, metals and minerals, energy etc.
- Strong PC literacy, Microsoft project, power point, Excel, Word etc.
Ideally Degree educated.