CO2 Performance Planning Engineer - R00015188
An Automotive OEM based in Cranfield requires a CO2 Performance Planning Engineer with knowledge of vehicle aerodynamics for a new contract role. As a CO2 Performance Planning Engineer, you will be required to:
- Ensure robust performance planning of acceleration and fuel economy.
- Support the achievement of project targets.
- Support life-cycle actions on current models
- Carry out performance planning
- Wheel/tyre and other drive-line component design engineers, homologation teams, marketability, and product planning
- Competitor vehicle benchmarking
- Trend analysis and forecast of future competitor performance
- Prediction of vehicle acceleration and fuel economy performance
- Analysis of test data
- Development of counter-measures (where required)
- Support for plant quality COP testing
- Declaration of final acceleration and fuel economy brochure figures
- Provide European market information for counterparts in Japan
The CO2 Performance Planning Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- The successful candidate will have a background in automotive engineering with a demonstrable ability to work cross-functionally and cross-culturally
- Organised and able to manage several projects at one time.
- Balancing contributing factors to acceleration and fuel economy performance
- Knowledge in the following areas would be an advantage:
- Factors affecting engine performance.
- Vehicle Aerodynamics.
- An appreciation of applicable regulation (mostly European) and homologation requirements.
If you have any questions about the CO2 Performance Planning Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Shannon Wade at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889262
Unfortunately, candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship