CO2 Emissions and Efficiency Engineer
Up to £25.41
Gaydon with occasional travel to Whitley
Stringent future legislative requirements surrounding fuel economy, CO2 emissions and BEV efficiency present a significant strategic challenge - but also provide exciting opportunities for engineers within Product Engineering.
The CO2 Emissions and Efficiency Engineer will drive a product efficiency mindset into the business and support activities specifically aimed at reducing our products` energy consumption - thus reducing the CO2 footprint of our clients ICE fleet - and increasing the efficiency and driving range of their electrified vehicles.
Key Objectives are as follows:
- Provide technical guidance to relevant engineering teams ('Commodity Groups') in respect of vehicle and system-level energy consumption assessment, via both CAE & physical test
To apply for this CO2 Emissions and Efficiency Engineer position you should have some of the following:
- Support Commodity Groups in the development of clear plans to reduce energy consumption
- Assist with the maintenance of a cross-functional portfolio of CO2 / energy-reducing technologies, helping to validate that the aggregate impact meets future business needs
- Strong technical awareness with the ability to recognise and quantify energy-consuming vehicle systems and attributes, including sensitivity to different vehicle duty cycles.
- Proven analytical skills, capable of effectively managing, interpreting and presenting technical data.
- An excellent communicator with the ability to establish and maintain highly-effective cross-functional working relationships.
- Experience of powertrain or vehicle system technical delivery within either an OEM or Tier 1 supplier.
- Knowledge of fuel economy / energy reduction principles & technologies.
Please contact James Tilley for details.