- Sector: Manufacturing & Materials
- Function: Manufacturing and production
- Contact: Matthew Stride
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446108
- Expiry Date: 23 October 2021
- Job Ref: 59140
To be competent in programming and maintaining the ‘CNC controlled flatbed waterjet cutting machines’ (waterjet machines). To efficiently set and operate it in line with business needs.
• To efficiently set and operate the waterjet machines in order to produce parts which meet all standards and drawing specifications.
• To be in control of setting, repairing and operating the waterjet machines
• To accurately measure parts using all types of measuring equipment, ensuring all cut sheets are within production requirements.
• To load and unload sheet materials on to the waterjet machine with the aid of vacuum lifters and high level cranes
• To manually remove small parts from the cutting bed with the use of hammers and cutting equipment.
• To ensure all equipment is fully maintained and in good working order.
• To carry out any repairs needed on the waterjet machines.
• In instances where the repairs are not possible by yourself ensure the fault has been reported correctly and in a timely manner.
• To be able to convert CAD/CAM drawings into machine software/program
• To undertake tasks as required by the Shift Supervisor and Management
Skills & Experience:
• Experienced in cutting a wide range of materials, predominantly Stainless steel and Aluminium
• CNC waterjet cutting experience however industrial cutting machines, bending machines will be considered
• Capable of reading engineering drawings.
• Have a counterbalance truck license (Advantage but not essential)
• CAD/CAM experience
• Experienced setting/operating of flatbed CNC cutting machines with a vacuum system.
• Ability to work to very high levels of quality
• Flexible attitude
• Demonstrates active support and helps other members of the team
• Makes and communicates clear decisions and is flexible, proactive and positive in approaching business needs.
• Active participant in problem solving and generates ideas for improvement initiatives.
• Willingness to engage with other departments
All Employees must have the following responsibilities whereby they must:
• Take responsibility for aspects of Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) over which they have control.
• Adhere to the Company’s OH&S requirements (defined in OH&S policy, risk assessments, work instructions and through training, etc.).
• Take reasonable care for their own health and safety.
• Consider the safety of other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
• Work in accordance with information and training provided.
• Refrain from intentionally misusing or recklessly interfering with anything that has been provided for health and safety reasons.
• Report any hazardous defects in plant and equipment, or shortcomings in the existing safety arrangements, to a responsible person without delay.
• Not undertake any task for which authorisation and / or training has not been given.
• To promote and maintain a culture of continued Risk Assessments.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of CNC Waterjet Operating and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the CNC Waterjet Operator position, please contact Matt Stride at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446108.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.