CNC/Manual Machinist - turning and milling.
Location: Norfolk, Thetford
Shifts: Days with half day Friday
Bluechip automotive company with vigorous growth plans is seeking a machinist to join the company.
What you will do:
- Provide machine shop support to engineering projects, production and aftersales
- This role provides an opportunity to work in a small specialised machine shop helping to build the future product at the development stage
- The role requires the candidate to be able to read engineering drawings and understand CAD data and work closely with engineers to provide support and solutions for day to day manufacturing issues
- The candidate will have the ability to produce the required machined parts on time, to budget and within the company's quality system within the following disciplines:
- Manual Lathe Operation
- Manual Milling Machine Operation
- CNC Lathe Operation
- CNC Milling Machine Operation
- All required workshop documentation maintained and completed to the required standard
What you will need:
Qualifications and Experience (Essential & Desirable criteria)
- CNC Lathe and Milling Machine programming.
- Knowledge and experience in using CAD/CAM Powershape and Powermill.
- Capable of using manual machines, Lathe, Mills, Surface and Cylindrical grinders.
- Proficient in using all measuring equipment within a Machine shop.
- Competent in understanding engineering drawings.
Please apply with current CV and details of present salary and notice period. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with further information but please contact if you wish to talk.