Job Title: CNC Setter/Operator
Salary: £25,500 per year
We are currently recruiting for an experienced CNC Setter/Operator to work at our client’s site in Bedford, the role will require the successful candidate to perform a simultaneous and inter-related sequence of operations on components in compliance with specification.
Duties to include but not be exclusive to:
- Work in an environment of continuous improvement and follow the Right First Time philosophy in the manufacture of quality parts.
- Refer to drawings, tool list and set-up sheet to obtain appropriate tooling and measuring equipment and return upon completion of job.
- Mark out if required, load and unload components manually or by jib crane to work piece chucks or fixtures. Set correctly and secure.
- Set the CNC machine tools to program setting sheet, using multiple tooling stations. Set gearshaper m/c.
- Operate the CNC controls, having a basic understanding of machine tool programming and produce component parts to company standards. Operate semi-automatic gearshaper.
- Carry out dimensional and visual checks using appropriate measuring equipment and gauges, to ensure components meet inspection standards.
- Ensure required standards of safety are adhered to, machine cleanliness and routine machine lubrication is carried out.
- Report to supervision any machine tool or measuring instrument defect to minimise scrap and downtime.
- Participate in Kaizen activities to improve processes and increase efficiency.
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience setting and operating CNC Machines
- Working to engineering drawings
- Good manual dexterity
- Ability to work efficiently to deadlines
- Good attention to detail
- Flexible and hardworking
- 37 hours per week - 6am to 14.30pm (6am to 10am on a Friday) – Overtime available
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Rob Johnson on 01384 446 160 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.