CNC Programmer/Production Engineer - Permanent - Birmingham - Defence & Automotive
A CNC Programmer/Production Engineer is required with knowledge programming CNC machines off-line. Candidates with experience with software such as Solidworks, EdgeCAM or HyperMILL, would be well received.
Due to restructure and a consistent increase in workload this company, a brake specialist based in the Birmingham area requires a motivated and meticulous CNC Programmer/Production Engineer with a background in precision machining for a new permanent role. As a CNC Programmer/Production Engineer, you will be required to:
- Support the Manufacturing and Production Engineering Manager in delivering smooth and effective support to the manufacturing business
- Creating production CNC programs and proving out
- Achievement of KPI targets for, Quality, Cost, Delivery and Versatility
- Generating process documentation and maintaining it (PFMEA, Control Plans, Flow Charts and Process docs e.g. Layout etc)
- Specifying designs for fixtures and tooling for in house or subcontract manufacture
- Work closely and be proactive with Design Engineers in order to optimise designs for machining
The CNC Programmer/Production Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Experience of working with CAD/CAM packages, ideally EdgeCAM (preferred), SolidWorks or HyperMILL
- Knowledge and use of CNC machines with Fanuc and Heidenhain controls
- Ability to set up and prove off new products on 5-axis, Horizontal and vertical machining centres and 2, 3 and 4 axis lathes
- Have a background in jig and fixture design, including build and prove out
- Experience of CNC machining of complex surfaces on lathes including sub spindle and live tooling, VMC's, HMC's and 5-axis machines
- Ability to produce CNC programs and then prove them off including initial inspection of the manufactured components.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of CNC Programming and the production of machined components and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the CNC Programmer/Production Engineer role, please contact Neil Cayley at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446114.