over 1 year ago
CNC Programmer - Aerospace - Bedford - Permanent
A CNC Programmer is required with knowledge off-line programming up to 5 Axis. Candidates with experience of the aerospace or other precision manufacturing industries would be well received.
Due to the continued success and growth of the business, a manufacturer of precision machined parts for the aerospace sector based in the Bedford area requires a methodical CNC Programmer for a new permanent role.
As the CNC Programmer you will be responsible for the following:
- Creation of NC programs for 3, 4 and 5 axis milling machines.
- Establish tooling and clamping sequences and creating optimum cutting paths.
- Prepare and load raw materials and components on to the machines.
- Supervise the machines during operation making adjustments as necessary.
- Raise program master record sheets to ensure correct instructions for the manufacture of components.
The CNC Programmer should have the following skills or experience:
- Experience off-line programming for 3, 4 or 5 axis milling machines.
- Ideally experienced using Delcam but other packages are welcome.
- Ability to read and interpret 2D drawings and 3D models.
- Aerospace industry experience would be advantageous but not essential.
- Has experience of both Machining and Programming a variety of materials, in particular exotics.
- Also, on-line experience to ensure continuous improvement of the machine's performance.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Off-Line CNC Programming and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the CNC Programmer role, please contact Neil Cayley at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446114.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.