about 2 years ago
Job title: CNC Precision Grinder
Hourly rate: Competitive
Job type: Contract
A CNC Precision Grinder is required with experience setting and operating Internal CNC Shigiya grinders and Manual RM250 Studer Grinders. Candidates with experience of the Aerospace industry would be well received.
Due to growth this Aerospace company based in Tewkesbury requires a forward thinking CNC Precision Grinder with experience working with exotic materials for a new 3 - 6 month contract.
As a CNC Precision Grinder you will be required to:
- To Set and operate External and Internal CNC Shigiya grinders and Manual RM250 Studer Grinders. All Macro programs are produced by the operator.
- Carry out a specific cell process, being able to carry out all the inspection criteria involved within that process.
- Work to complex engineering drawings, process specifications and stage drawings
- Inspect own work by use of height checks, air gauging, comparators and Keyence Vision systems.
- Multi machine working of similar machining centres.
- Production of high quality complex aerospace components
- Accurately records required data on relevant documentation.
- Responsible for inspection of own work in line with Quality Audit procedure.
- Work in and maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Adopt lean principles in line with the companies principles.
- Quality - to ensure all parts conform to relevant quality standard.
- Perform basic preventative maintenance activities on machinery in line with company policy.
The CNC Precision Grinder should have the following skills or experience:
- Previous experience of engineering / manufacturing role ideally within aerospace.
- Experience with exotic materials i.e Stainless steels, chromium, Nitrided and case hardened materials.
- Able to work on own initiative or as part of a team
- Ideally apprentice trained
- Ability to work using own initiative.
- Good timekeeping and attendance record in line with company policy
- Has a positive attitude to Lean manufacturing tools and techniques including 5S.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the CNC Precision Grinder role, please contact Georgia Silk at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446 147.