- Sector: Manufacturing & Materials
- Function: Manufacturing and production
- Contact: George Westwood
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446168
- Duration: Permanent
- Start Date: Immediate
- Expiry Date: 07 June 2022
- Job Ref: 61652
ROLE PROFILE: CNC Operative
REPORTS TO: Production Manager
Our client is a world leader in advanced materials development and production. We produce a wide range of specialist, high specification materials that have extraordinary attributes and properties. Despite the complexity of our technologies, our focus is simple - we supply innovative, differentiated products made from advanced materials which enable our customers' products to perform more efficiently, more reliably and for longer.
Group Key Figures: Revenue
£1b, ~9,000 employees, manufacturing in 30+ countries, and customers in 100+ countries. A UK PLC with head office located in Windsor, Berkshire UK. Listed on London Stock Exchange; Member of the FTSE 250 Index.
Seals and Bearings
The Seals and Bearings business of Morgan Advanced Materials makes high-performance self-lubricating bearing and seal components, predominantly used in pumps, industrial and domestic, or other sealing applications.
We use advanced carbon/graphite, silicon carbide, alumina and zirconia materials to engineer lightweight, low-friction bearings and seals. These materials help solve the problems associated with the use of lubricants in extreme temperatures, corrosive or hygienic environments where access is restricted, and are engineered into products which provide customer-specific solutions.
Key Figures for Morgan Seals & Bearings - Global: Turnover £75m, headcount c900 employees, 8 countries (USA, Mexico, Italy, Luxemburg, UK, China, Korea, Japan), 9 locations (including 3 shared sites).
OVERVIEW & SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reporting to the Team Leader/Production Manager, you will be working in a production environment on CNC grinding machines working within ceramic seals and bearings, whilst ensuring site safety standards are maintained.
Hours of work: Sunday 11pm - 6am and Monday - Thursday - 10pm - 6am. Flexibility may be required to support on days where needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & REPONSIBILITIES:
- Setting machines in accordance with H&S regulations and the process control plan.
- CNC grinding, operating, setting, and programming.
- Interpreting component drawings to determine specifications.
- Using measuring equipment to ensure components meet specification.
- Monitoring equipment spares and consumables, replenishing stock when required.
- Responsible for championing 6S and developing a culture of lean.
- Performing & developing PM & TPM activities to ensure continuous operation of machines, monitoring the condition of machine parts, replacing when required.
- To develop ways of working to reduce waste and improve efficiency.
- Liaising with the QEHS & CI Leader to ensure quality standards are being achieved.
- Performing any other reasonable duties that may be required from time to time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Apprenticeship or equivalent in an engineering discipline
- A GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths
- A Yellow Belt qualification
- This is a hands-on job requiring engineering skill levels to craft level or similar/higher
- Conversant with H&S rules, regulations and best practices
- Knowledge of manual handling
- Able to confidently work to engineering drawings
- Fanuc control programming in ISO G code
- Able to use a CMM and shadowgraphs for inspection
- Be confident and experienced in working with;
- CnC machining Turning or Grinding
- Surface grinding
- Cylindrical grinding
- ISO programming G codes
- Able to perform these tasks to a competent standard
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.