Job title: CNC Machinist – Milling
Salary Range: £20.00 - £25.00 per hour
Hours: Days or Nights with overtime paid at a premium
3 month rolling contract position working for a leading aerospace client
A CNC Machinist is required with knowledge of setting and machining aerospace components using CNC Mazak machines. Candidates with experience of DMG and Mazak CNC machines would be well received.
Due to new prototyping projects this client based in Sheffield requires a dynamic, leading CNC Machinist to set Mazak CNCs and machine aerospace components to tight tolerances working a day or night shift pattern on a 3 month rolling contract. As the CNC machinist, you will be required to:
- Set and operate Mazak Milling CNC machines
- Work to close tolerances, small batch work, predominantly fixture based in a wide range of aerospace materials such as Jethete, Titanium and Nickel based alloys.
- Ability to learn multiple CNC machines within the business.
- Ability to operate multiple CNC machines where applicable.
- Understanding and ability to interpret engineering drawings. Including GD&T drawings
- Understanding of various controls such as Heidenhein.
- Use overhead cranes for fixture transportation.
- Understand and be able to follow Batch Card and Standard Working Instructions.
- Have a good level of Computer Literacy.
The CNC Machinist should have the following skills or experience:
- Experience in machining sensitive or critical aerospace components
- Experience in operating and setting CNC Milling machines. DMG & Mazak preferred.
- Experience in self inspection and recording results of produced components.
- Demonstrate a good level of numeracy / literacy.
- Demonstrate the ability to used multiple control systems.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of Power press/tool setting. In return for your experience, this Yate, Bristol based company will offer you:
- 3 month rolling contract position
- £20.00 - £25.00 per hour
- Hours: Day or Nights
- Great working conditions
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of CNC Machining/Setting and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the CNC Machinist position, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.