over 1 year ago
An experienced CNC Machanist is required to join a manufacturing company in Cosham, Hampshire.
Main Purpose: To programme and operate 3 axis/5 axis CNC machines, producing work to the highest quality standards whilst showing compliance with health and safety.
KEY TASKS IN THIS ROLE:
* Experience of 3 axis straight machining practises.
* CAM Programming experience, cutter path generation.
* Mould toolmaking experience would be beneficial.
* Basic understanding of milling practices.
* Understanding of HEIDENHAIN machine controls essential.
* Understanding of Delcam (real time machining) would be advantageous.
* Multi machine setting.
* Housekeeping and administration of job sheets.
* Compliance to H+S.
* Housekeeping/administration of job sheet requirements.
Skills set needed:
- Good mould tool knowledge, to know which parts of a mould tool are which and which parts need material leaving plus, which part are clearance and which parts are to be a good fit etc.
- A good knowledge of machining in general, the role involves machining complex 3d shapes using cad packages and also a lot of 2d work programmed using the machines in built control.
- All the machines all utilise Heidenhain controls varying from 415 to 530. The CAD CAM packages being used are AUTODESK POWERMILL and POWERSHAPE and a package of LEMOINE RTM. The preferred being POWERMILL.
All toolpaths and programs are the responsibility of the machine operator to create and prove safe before using! We use the Powershape package for filling in holes creating surfaces and creating engraving.
The machinist needs to be able to work on their own with minimal supervision and be self motivated with a good understanding of how a mould tool works, have a good understanding of Heidenhain controlled milling machines, have a good knowledge of cutter and speeds and feeds, be able to use an overhead crane, and have good general housekeeping.
Hours: 40 p/w
Shift: 7:00 - 15:00
To apply for this position please contact Rachel Meacham.