Up to £38000 per annum + Including Shift
over 1 year ago
CNC Machinist (Weekdays Nights)
A CNC Machinist is required with knowledge of all aspects of engineering changes, press tool adaption and manufacture of new spares & repairs to existing large press tooling, working within a team with minimum supervision. Candidates with experience of the automotive industry would be well received.
Due to growth of this company, a high volume automotive supplier based in Telford requires an experienced CNC Machinist with experience of working in a demanding environment for a new permanent role. As a CNC Machinist you will be required to:
- Program & operate CNC Okuma and Elgamill.
- Operate of Fidia/Heidenhain control unit.
- Create components to engineering drawings.
- Have a working knowledge of Delcam operating system.
- Have a heavy Machine Background.
- Time served apprenticeship in Press Toolmaking/Machinist
The CNC Machnist should have the following skills or experience:
- City and Guilds qualification and at least 5 years post apprenticeship experience in a high volume production environment preferably within the automotive industry.
- Must be prepared to work permanent Nightshift.
- Familiar with continuous improvement philosophy.
- Good understanding of engineering drawings.
- Working technical knowledge of modern tool room processes and techniques, including CAD/CAM.
- Previous experience gained in a similar role required.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of CNC Machining to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Telford-based automotive company will offer you:
- £38,000pa Including Shift Premium
- 5% Pension, 3 x Life Assurance, 25 Days Hol (+ Bank Holidays)
- Shift pattern for night shift Mon - Thurs 10 pm 6 am; Fri 4 pm - 9 pm
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of CNC Machining and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the CNC Machinist role, please contact Katharine Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.