West Midlands, England
Attractive + Benefits
about 2 years ago
CNC Machinist - Aerospace & Defence - Permanent - Attractive - West Midlands
A CNC Machinist is required to join an established company with a good reputation in the Aerospace and Defence sectors. The successful CNC Machinist will report directly to the Cell Team Leader and they will join the Assembly and Test dept.
The CNC Machinist will ideally need to be apprentice trained, experienced CNC machinist to join the team at their facility based in the West Midlands. The CNC Machinist will be involved with complex mechanical products that are often bespoke and high profile and the CNC Machinist will work to exceptionally close tolerances, an essential requirement of the aerospace and Defence industry.
Responsibilities and Skills Required of the CNC Machinist
- CNC machining experience utilising Fanuc / Siemens / Heidenhain controls.
- Able to set and run multiple machine / processes.
- Experience of the setting and operating CNC machines, preferably Mazak.
- Manual honing experience.
- Capability of machining exotic and hardened materials.
- Carry out 1st off inspection and check / complete the necessary quality documentation.
- Capable of achieving manufacturing limits of 0.00005"
Experience and Qualifications Required for the CNC Machinist
- A recognised engineering apprenticeship.
- Previous experience of engineering / manufacturing.
- A previous role ideally within Aerospace and Defence industry.
- Good knowledge of machining techniques & appropriate tooling.
- Proven skills within a multi-axis machining environment.
- Programming Experience would be an Advantage.
- Attention to detail & accuracy, and process improvement techniques.
- Grinding experience desirable.
- Using the relevant inspection techniques / equipment to achieve drawing tolerance.
Security Clearance will be required for this role due to the nature of the Industry
If you feel you meet the requirements for the role of the CNC Machinist, then apply directly or contact Peter Heap at Jonathan Lee Recruitment. Either Direct Line 01384 446102 or Email suitable MS Word CV's