Birmingham, West Midlands
over 2 years ago
Up to around £30,000 before overtime and shift allowance
Engineering/Aerospace/ Precision Engineering
A selection of shifts available with possible overtime.
A CNC Machinist is required with knowledge of Milling and turning. Candidates with experience of the aerospace industry would be well received.
Due to expansion this company, based in Birmingham requires a skilled CNC Machinist with mainly milling experience for a new permanent role. With the role you will be required to:
- Ensure all health and safety procedures and protocols are maintained within your work place.
- Ensure all lean procedures and documents are kept up to date with allocated components during production.
- Maintain basic machine maintenance levels involving coolant, oil and scrap metal levels for optimal machine running conditions.
- Report all health and safety issues to management, with good communication with the work force.
- You must be able to work well in a fast paced workplace under both your own initiative and with others.
- Communicate well with others raising technical issues to ensure deadlines are met and productivity levels are kept high.
The successful candidate should have the following skills or experience:
- Extensive precision engineering abilities with either milling and turning.
- Programmer, setter or operator levels of experience (Camware programming offline experience desirably)
- A developed understanding of metal types with an ability to alter feed rates, spindle speeds etc in accordance to each metal types working with very hard alloys or titanium and inconel.
- Varied milling and turning experience is welcome with up to five axis and power tooling and alike experience desirably.
- An ability to work to very tight tolerances up to five microns.
- Systems background with Mazatrol, Fanuc is desirable also with a willingness to learn and develop further.
- Milling experience will be advantageous of 3 plus 2 up to full five axis due to the developing five axis requirements of the component complexity.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of milling or turning programming, setting or operating to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Birmingham-based aerospace company will offer you:
- Excellent salary packages dependent on experience.
- A brand new company site with parking
- A company paid in full pension scheme with no contribution from yourself.
- Multi-shift pattern that can either be rotated or fixed depending on your availability and requirements.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of milling and/or turning and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the CNC Machinist role, please contact Ryan North at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446195.