Job title: CNC Machinist
Salary Range: around £39,000 (including shift premium) (double days)
Industry/ Strapline: Aerospace/ Turning/ Milling/ Mill turn
A CNC Machinist is required with knowledge of milling and mill-turning setting skills and ability to work to tight tolerances. Candidates with experience of the aerospace or precision engineering industry would be well received.
Due to company growth, a description based in Wolverhampton requires a CNC Machinist for a new permanent role. As a successful applicant you will be required to:
- Self-inspecting work against engineering drawings with various hand measurement tools.
- Maintain good housekeeping and ensure all routine daily machine maintenance is upheld, keeping health and safety and the machine is working optimally.
- Responsible for setting and operating multiple milling machines at any one time
- Machine milling and turning.
The CNC Machinist should have the following skills or experience:
- Be able to set milling machines with Fanuc, Heidenhain, and Siemens control systems.
- Be able to set Mill turn machines using Mazatrol control systems
- The machinist must be skilled in reading engineering drawings.
- Engineering Background with an ability to work to very tight tolerances.
- Varying metals knowledge.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of precision machining in both milling and mill turning to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Sheffield-based aerospace company will offer you:
- £31,715 salary paid, with a 22.2% shift premium additionally.
- Working double day shifts 6-2, 2-10 (with reduced hours on Fridays)
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of precision machining and varying machine operation background and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the CNC Machinist role, please contact Ryan North at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446195.