Sutton in Ashfield
about 1 month ago
Role: CNC Lathe
Location: Sutton in Ashfield
Hours: 7.45am – 5.00pm (2.30pm finish on Friday)
Salary: Excellent Rates
Benefits: 33 Days Holiday, Pension, Bonus, Xmas Shut Down, Good Development Opportunities plus much more
Summary and Main Purpose: (CNC Lathe)
Reporting to the Cell leader, as a CNC Turner you will be mainly responsible for setting and operating CNC lathes & Mill/Turn’s in a busy workshop environment.
Experience: (CNC Lathe)
- Apprentice trained with/ or a proven engineering work history
- Competent at setting and running Fanuc lathes
- Experience with Fanuc control systems essential
- Possess a good knowledge of Fanuc code with the ability to edit / write programs as preferred
- Experience working within a manufacturing environment
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude and be able to work on their own initiative, showing a methodical approach to work and good problem-solving skills.
- Have a keen eye for detail and quality, along with the ability to manage their workload.
- Ensure that the relevant control systems are adhered to and that both Quality and Health and Safety standards are maintained.
Skills & Knowledge: (CNC Lathe)
- Fanuc Programming online & offline.
- Capability to set CNC machines by following job cards & SOP’s
- Ability to machine to high precision tolerances
- Advanced Problem solving
- Experience Setting 2-axis lathes, Twin spindles lathes with milling capabilities & Mill/Turn’s
- A positive attitude to continued learning.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.