We are currently seeking an experienced Machine/CNC Operator to work for manufacturing technology company based in Didcot.
As an operator with a split role, the primary responsibilities in each area include:
- Operation of presses, including loading/unloading & cleaning, process monitoring, anvil & die wear/deformation recording.
- Processing of pressed capsules, as required.
- Preparation of capsule components, including conditioning & building.
- Setting and operating of CNC lathe to run wear tests using PCD cutters on granite work pieces.
- Measurement of wear scars using optical microscopes.
- Prepare tools for operation using brazing and grit blasting.
- Movement of heavy blocks and bags using crane and forklift.
Requirements and experience:
- Candidates must thrive in a diverse environment and be flexible in response to operational demand.
- Candidates must be able to work in a methodical manner, following established procedures with a right first time approach and attention to detail.
- Experienced in one or more precision machining processes or hands-on technical role.
- ONC/HNC in mechanical/production engineering or similar is desirable
- Familiar with MS Office tools is highly desirable.
- Good communication skills, conscientious mindset with a "can-do" attitude.
- Prepared to work an alternating shift pattern: 6am - 2pm, 13:45 - 21:45. A monthly shift disturbance allowance will be paid if working these hours.
- There will occasionally be a need to work overtime.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a successful and growing organisation making a unique product.