£25 - 32 per hour
5 months ago
CMM Spline Programmer
Contract - Up to £33.00 per hour LTD/Umbrella
Location: Inchinnan, Renfrew
A CMM Spline Programmer opportunity has become available to work on-site at one of the world's most recognised aerospace companies.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To create spline grinding and inspection programs using various software's, online program prove out for various parts of aero engine and to provide measurement solutions that could reduce the inspection time.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Create / update the Spline Inspect programs in various software's like Klingelnberg etc., for complex aero engine components
- Create Spline grinding programs (Internal Grinding) for Aeroengine components using GearPro
- Identify the datum, fixture and clamping locations which affects the measurement capability
- To identify the features that can be measured in CMM & Buyoff with manufacturing engineer
- To create offline program to re-inspect the features identified as defective in Production measurement
- Online prove out, repeatability and correlation study in line with the existing measurement method
- Trouble shooting the CMM machine interruptions during the prove out of parts
- Independent validation of production programs as per customer standard
- Identify the measurement Limitation features and document it
- Program buy off with customer and release for production
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Graduate in Mechanical Engineering / Diploma or equivalent certification
- Should have hands on experience on Spline Grinding
- Hands on experience in manufacturing engineering and experience in offline programming (MCOSMOS, PCDMIS & CALYPSO)
- Knwoledge of CAD systems and Analysis tools: UG/NX, Minitab, Measurlink, Polyworks
- Should have hands on experience in metrology (Measurement by First Principles)
- Sound knowledge in measurements system analysis (MSA)
- Hands on experience in using all types of Measuring & Testing equipment, both contact - non-contact, analogue & digital
- Awareness of aerospace quality requirements (AS9100, various ISO)
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.