almost 2 years ago
Job title: CMM Programmer
Salary Range: Competitive
A CMM Programmer is required with experience of PCDMIS for a new permanent position. Candidates with a strong background in engineering would be well received.
As a CMM Programmer you will be required to:
- Write CMM Programs from both 2d and 3d data using PCDMIS, Quindos and Mitutoyo Geopak software.
- Select suitable probes and attachments for the CMM to ensure accurate and efficient measurement of components.
- Develop and document fixturing requirements for each product.
- Generate clear and concise CMM reports which display all customer and manufacturing required outputs.
- Analyse CMM reports and communicate any non-conforming measured features and features which are moving towards the limits of tolerance and liaise with production staff to correct any such issues.
- Review and monitor CMM programs with a view to reducing cycle times whilst maintaining measurement integrity.
- Provide training to production operatives on the operation of the CMM's for running jobs.
- Conduct CMM calibration as required.
- Conduct first off inspection reports for machined parts using a variety of measurement equipment.
- Compile corrective action reports for non-conforming products and liaise with production staff to ensure correction of any out of specification features.
- Sign off jobs as ready to run on completion of satisfactory first off inspection.
- Conduct ISIRs and compile reports as required by the customer.
- Assist with the checking of machined parts both in inspection and on the shop floor
- Identify appropriate inspection tools to be issued to production operatives to facilitate the checking of parts and features of parts on the shop floor
- Ensure a clean and tidy work area at all times
The CMM Programmer should have the following skills or experience:
- Successful completion of a RoSPA certified manual handling training course (or equivalent qualification);
- Completion of Health, Safety & Environmental awareness training;
- A good understanding of inspection of machined parts whilst employing a wide range of measurement techniques mainly CMM but including, Shadow Graph and all generally used engineering inspection tools
- A good working knowledge of PCDMIS preferably for DEA CMM machines. Working knowledge of Quindos and Geopak also an advantage.
- Proven experience of meeting customer deadlines
- A good understanding of customer and engineering requirements.
- Experience of creating detailed instructions, control plans and standard working procedures.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Relevant industry experience of machined parts inspection employing all commonly used engineering inspection equipment. Preferably Automotive or Aerospace experience
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the CMM Programmer role, please contact Georgia Silk at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446 147.