JOB TITLE: CMM Programmer / Operator
WORKING HOURS: 37 Hours per week - Shift Working Rotation
REPORTS TO: Senior Quality Engineer - Measurement
As part of the Quality Department the CMM Programmer will be responsible for effectively
operating the CMM machine conducting preliminary analysis and producing statistical data in
line with Stadco and customer requirements.
- Operate the CMM machine. 2 machines - Stiefelmayer & Trimek
- Write programmes from CAD data. Software Metrolog XG provided by MSL -vrs 13 (CAD
- compatible with IGES)
- Provide layout inspection and capability studies for Stadco components for supply to the
- automotive industry.
- Prepare inspection reports for customer submission.
- Plan CMM work load / capacity and work to deadline.
- Inspect production parts to significant characteristics and develop ongoing specification.
- To maintain and update the master sample control process.
- Flexibility within the QA department including liaison with customer and general QA
- duties - including but not limited to: line support when required, initial problems solving
- & investigation with production, product & process auditing.
Key Experiences and Qualifications:
- Should have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel would be advantageous.
- Proven ability to operate CMM
- Proven ability to write CMM programmes from a CAD data.
- Ability to read engineering and CAD drawings
- Should be willing to take on training in quality tools / techniques
- Experience of working within the automotive industry.
- Experience of CMM operation.
- Should possess good communication skills.
- Should give attention to detail and work accurately
- Should have an appreciation of Quality Systems - TS16949 would be advantageous.
Desirable Skills and Experience Required:
- Previous experience of operating a crane
- Previous experience of operating an FLT
- PCDMIS measurement and programming skills
Please note this role is on a shift rotation, which includes occasional night shifts.
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW. For more information, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.