Competitive Plus Benefits
7 months ago
Job title: CMM Programmer
Salary Range: Competitive
Quality, CMM, PC-DMIS, Zeiss, Programming, Measurement, Machining, Assembly, Precision Parts
A CMM Programmer is required with working knowledge of PCDMIS or any other programming language to support product measurement and analysis activities across market sectors. Candidates must have experience of complex parts and inspection within the Automotive, Aerospace, General Engineering or Precision Machined industry.
Due to growth this company, a leading provider of metrology and measurement solutions based in Telford requires a forward thinking CMM Programmer a new permanent role.
As a CMM Programmer you will be required to:
- Write CMM Programs from both 2d and 3d data using PC-DMIS software (preferred but not essential)
- Select suitable probes and attachments for the CMM to ensure accurate and efficient measurement of components.
- Generate clear and concise CMM reports which display all customer and manufacturing required outputs.
- Analyse CMM reports and communicate any non-conforming measured features and features which are moving towards the limits of tolerance and liaise with production staff to correct any such issues.
- Review and monitor CMM programs with a view to reducing cycle times whilst maintaining measurement integrity.
- Conduct CMM calibration as required.
- Conduct first off inspection reports for machined parts using a variety of measurement equipment.
- Compile corrective action reports for non-conforming products and liaise with production staff to ensure correction of any out of specification features.
- Sign off jobs as ready to run on completion of satisfactory first off inspection.
- Conduct ISIRs and compile reports as required by the customer.
- Escalate any issues found to supervision and management as required
- Identify appropriate inspection tools to be issued to production operatives to facilitate the checking of parts and features of parts on the shop floor
The CMM Programmer should have the following skills or experience:
- A good understanding of inspection of complex parts and components employing a wide range of measurement techniques mainly CMM but including, Shadow Graph and all generally used engineering inspection tools
- A good working knowledge of CMM programming language (PCDMIS software preferred)
- A good understanding of customer and engineering requirements.
- Experience of creating detailed instructions, control plans and standard working procedures.
- Able to work on their own initiative or as part of a team
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organisational skills
- Quality orientated
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of complex components and/or machined parts inspection to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Telford based company will offer you:
- A competitive salary plus benefits
- Excellent career progression and development within a forward-thinking organisation
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the CMM Programmer role, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.