£525 - 530 per day + Remote working to begin with then hybrid working
Title : Cloud Engineer
Number of roles: x3 initially
Location : Malvern - Remote working to begin with, then hybrid working pattern
Duration : 6 months
Clearance : SC cleared
Rate : £530pd
Cloud in the company
Our client have built a cloud-native AWS landing zone, providing staff and customers with access to standardised services, security controls, and patterns for adoptions. We're also looking to expand to Azure and other cloud platforms.
There is currently a huge drive in the company to adopt cloud technology - alongside others that compliment it, such as: Infrastructure as Code, CI/CD of infrastructure and cloud configurations, containerisation, and DevOps generally. We evangelise these technologies internally and to our customers.
About the role
The role would be to act as both a cloud engineer and cloud evangelist for project work or core cloud platform. Some of the things you'd be doing are:
- advising and shaping technical best practices,
- creating and implementing designs that reflect the major benefits of cloud such as scalability, availability, redundancy, and security
- working with other engineers to provide consistent and novel ways of working, design patterns, and cross-team working
Basic Qualifications and Experiences
We'd expect you to meet all of the following criteria:
- Technical degree (computer science, maths, engineering, or equivalent) and/or similar technical experience
- Minimum 6 months experience working with AWS or Azure in a professional environment
- Knowledge of multiple modern programming languages (Python, Java, Go, etc)
- Infrastructure as code experience, using tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation
Desirable Qualifications and Experiences
As a rough guide, you should look to meet 3 or more of the below (not an absolute requirement):
- Experience with infrastructure DevOps processes and tooling (automated testing, CI/CD, pipelines etc)
- 1+ years of working with AWS or Azure in a professional environment
- AWS or Azure Solutions Architect certification
- Experience of containerisation and microservices
- Experience working in an Agile environment with the associated tooling
- Experience of software, systems or data design
But above all of these, a desire to learn new skills is paramount. If you can strongly evidence your motivation to always be on the forefront of related technologies, then the previous criteria are of less importance.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.