A number of Lead Engineers - Climate Control are required within Body Engineering.
Location - Gaydon.
The purpose of this role is to coordinate the design, development, testing and introduction of new Climate systems and components or commodities. Operating in a cross-functional organisation, Lead Engineers will report into the Module Leaders, with an additional matrix report into Group Leaders. The role requires the individual to deliver the commodity to quality, cost and time and lead on the technical content and integrity of specific components and systems across specific programmes.
- The design and development of Climate components, supporting programmes achieving PSW (Part Submission Warrant) in line with the programme timing.
- Be responsible for the for delivering Cost and Weight targets as well in line with Programme requirements
- Integrate Climate System technologies into programme applications with Electrical systems support.
- Deliver the commodity plan to quality, cost and time, including maintaining the Worldwide Engineering Release System (WERS)
- Own and deliver the Engineering Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) deliverables
- Manage component test plans, including detailed planning of test and development stages through to sign off and support Engineering test teams with rectification of issues
- Resolve issues with component engineering and vehicle attribute teams to develop designs that meet targets
- Provide input into new feature development
- A passion for the automotive industry and the potential of automotive technology
- Strong project management capabilities with the ability to multitask
- Comfortable challenging cross-functionally and at a variety of levels within the business
- Previous experience in Body Engineering / Climate Systems environment would be beneficial but not essential. Candidate must have experience of project management, ideally encompassing work with suppliers or other external organisations.
- Automotive Experience with OEM or Climate Supplier.
- A good understanding of the Foundation and Design FMEA process, Design Verification (efDVS/RMDV), and AIMS processes are required in conjunction with experience of Forward Model Quality strategies.
- An understanding of Engineering Standards and Test Procedures would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of CATIA (Version 5), TCe and Digibuck, to be able to view and interrogate geometry, will be a considered a advantage for this position.
- The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate a logical and methodical approach to component applications, verification and validation.
- An understanding of S-DOTS (Standards authoring and approval application), Product Creation Standards and all of the different document types (Requirements, DVMs, Design Rules, STJLRs, TPJLRs) would be beneficial.
- Skills in Microsoft Excel / Power Point / Word are necessary
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.